|Defining Custom Matchcodes for the Duplicates Report|
- On the Manage menu, click Matchcodes and then click Add or Edit Matchcodes.
- In the Matchcodes window, make sure Add New Matchcode appears in the box and then click Select.
- In the Name box, enter a brief name for the matchcode you are defining.
- In the Description box, enter a description of the matchcode.
- In the top-most box, select the first field you want to use in your matchcode.
- (Optional) Next to the selected field, select the number of characters (letters or numbers) you want First Edition to use in the duplicate searches.
For example, if you select 1, 2 and 3 for the field Zip Code, First Edition will only use the first three numbers of the zip code when constructing the matchcode.
- Continue with this process until you defined all the fields that will construct the matchcode.
- If you plan to use the matchcode as your primary matchcode, click Set As Default Matchcode.
- Click Save Mask.
Posted on Thursday, October 2, 2008 (Archive on Monday, January 1, 0001)
Posted by host Contributed by